The Alpine Fellowship Theatre Prize 2024
Opportunity type: Competition.
Rewards: Total cash prize of £5,000
Location Eligibility: Worldwide
About this opportunity
Application for The Alpine Fellowship Theatre Prize 2024 is open to playwrights in all parts of the world. Submit your works on the theme “language” today to win cash prizes and more.
The winner of the Theatre Prize will receive a cash prize to support the writing of their proposed play. The winner and the runners-up will also be invited to attend our annual symposium and we will offer up to £500 travel expenses to help with travel. Meals and accommodation during the symposium are also covered.
- First place: £3,000
- Second place: £1,000
- Third place: £1,000
- Open to all nationalities.
- Applicants must be aged 18 or above at the time of entry.
- All entries must be written in English.
- Travel expenses can be used for economy travel costs only and are not exchangeable for cash, any leftover travel budget will not be redeemed as cash.
- Travel expenses can be used for transport only and cannot be used towards accommodation outside of the dates of our symposium.
- A 500-word synopsis of your proposed play, including story and characters.
- A 500-word explanation of how your idea responds to our theme.
- A 250-word summary of your previous theatre experience.
- A sample of previous work of at least 10 pages. This can be the play you’re proposing or it can be something completely different, we just want to get a sense of your voice, style, and tone.
- Final plays must be no more than 45 minutes in length.
- Final plays must require no more than three actors.
- The winning proposal should be written between March and July, so you should have sufficient writing time within that period to complete and re-draft your play.
- The winning play will be performed as a rehearsed reading so simplicity in staging is preferred.
- Plays can already be written, but must not have previously been performed, including as a reading or workshop production
How to Apply
Apply using the link: The Alpine Fellowship Theatre Prize 2024.
All questions regarding this award should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.