Last update: 08/02/2023
By using this Site, you agree to this Policy. Any changes we make to this Policy will be posted on this Site, we will also notify you. You can check the “Last updated” date to work out when our most recent changes were.Changes to this Policy are effective as of the stated “Last Updated” date.
Trybe Network respects your privacy and is committed to protect the personal information of its users – and other visitors browsing the Site. We operate transparently and believe our users should understand our practices regarding the information we collect when you visit and/or use the Site. This Policy explains our privacy practices for the Site and services provided by Trybe Africa. By accessing and/or using the Site and its related sites, applications, services, goods and/or registering for a Trybe Africa account, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy, including to our collection, use, disclosure, processing and retention of personal information.
What Information Do We Collect
When you register to the Site, we ask you to provide certain personal information. The information we collect includes:
- Any personal info you share with us such as name, photo, country and any information you choose to add to your profile.
- Telephone number or other contact details
- A valid email address
- Facebook or Google account login details and username.
- Details about other social networks linked accounts
- Country/city location
- Financial information (such as payment method and Mobile Money number),
- Geo-location information, IP address, device and connection information, browser information and web-log information, while you use the site.
- User Global Unique Identifier, HTTP request data like, user agent, IP, host, URL, country/continent from which request made, browser info, device/operating system/operating system version while viewing our ads.
What Do We Do With Your Information
- Use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising and to prevent fraud.
- To comply with any relevant legal or regulatory obligations that we have.
- To contact you, as requested by you or as otherwise approved by you or permitted according to this Policy.
- To promote and advertise the Site.
- To send you direct marketing communications about our products, services or promotions from Trybe Network. This may be via email, post, SMS, telephone or targeted online advertisements.
- To maintain appropriate business records, to comply with lawful requests by public authorities and to comply with applicable laws and regulations or as otherwise required by law.
We will ask for your consent before using information for a purpose other than those set out in this Policy.
How Do We Collect Information?
Information provided by the user – You directly provide us with most of the information we collect. You do this by filling out the registration details on the Site, linking your Trybe account with other social networks, filling in surveys as well as posting and sharing additional information voluntarily when you create your profile.
Information we collect from other sources – We receive information from third party vendors and other sources, such as:
- If you link, connect, or login to your Trybe Account with a third-party service (e.g. Google, Facebook, LinkedIn), we receive certain information, such as your registration and profile information from that service.
- Advertising and marketing partners in order to monitor, manage and measure our campaigns.
How Long Do We Keep Personal Information?
We keep your personal information only for as long as is needed to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. However, there may be some circumstances where your personal information will be kept for longer periods of time. Such as:
- As long as it is necessary and relevant for our business to operate.
- In relation to personal information from closed accounts to comply with applicable laws, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our Site terms and take other actions as permitted by law.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Site is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 should provide any personal information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. Parents and guardians should at all times supervise their children’s activities. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18, we will delete that personal information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com
Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
We do not sell or share your personal information to third parties without your explicit consent.
We only share your personal information with third parties in the below circumstances:
- With service providers that provide us with services for the purpose of operating the Site, opening and operating your account.
- With law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other parties, if we believe we are required to do so by law, or that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with legal processes; such as to investigate actual or suspected fraud or violations of law, breaches of security, or breaches of this Policy; to respond to claims against us; and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Trybe Africa, our customers, or the public.
- With payment processors, fraud detection agencies and similar third parties for the purpose of facilitating payments done via the Site and securing the Site and protecting it against fraud and unauthorized transactions.
- We share limited personal information with social media platforms and marketing partners, such as Facebook and Google, to promote our services.
- We share personal information to help facilitate interactions between Users.
- Personal information will also be disclosed if we go through a business transition such as a merger, sale, transfer of all or a portion of Trybe Africa’s assets, acquisition, bankruptcy or similar event.
Where We Store Your Personal Information
Some of the personal information you provide to us will be stored or processed on our behalf by third party suppliers and data processors and may be located in other jurisdictions, such as the UK, EU and Ghana, whose laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
Please note that the Site contains links to third party sites and if you link to a third party site from the Site, any data you provide to that site and any use of that data by the third party are not under the control of Trybe Africa and are not subject to this Policy. You should consult the privacy policies of each site you visit.
Updating Personal Information
We make sure the personal information we collect from you is up to date and accurate. You can update your information at any time in your account profile. When updating certain personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we make changes. If for any reason you have a problem with deleting your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to make the desired changes.
If you have any questions concerning this Policy, please email our team at email@example.com.