Opportunity type: Fellowship
For: artists & curators
Rewards: Up to $45,000 + studio/office space + exhibition
Location Eligibility: Worldwide
About this opportunity
Each year NXTHVN welcomes up to seven artists and two curators to participate in its paid 10-month intensive Fellowship Program. Each Fellow will receive studio or office space, a stipend, and subsidized housing. Selected from an international pool of applicants, Fellows relocate to New Haven to participate in NXTHVN’s mentorship-driven curriculum which includes professional development sessions led by visiting artists, curators, scholars, and practitioners. Selected Fellows are also matched with a high school Apprentice, for focused one-on-one mutual learning, which gives the next local generation a chance to grow and excel in creative fields. The Fellowship year culminates with an annual group show at a prominent gallery space.
- Curatorial Fellows will each receive a $45,000 stipend disbursed quarterly throughout the Fellowship year.
- Studio Fellows will each receive a $35,000 stipend disbursed quarterly throughout the Fellowship year.
- Optional, subsidized housing in the Dixwell Neighborhood of New Haven
- Dedicated work and/or studio space with 24-hour access
- Monthly professional development sessions
- Access to NXTHVN’s professional network of field experts and guest speakers
- Culminating exhibitions for Curatorial Fellows and Studio Fellows
- An annual publication featuring writing and work by the Fellows and Apprentices
- Opportunity to design and participate in artist-led projects and public programming
- Vocabulary and skills for navigating the art market
- Applicants must be 21 years old by the start of the Fellowship and cannot be enrolled in an academic program or other residency during the Fellowship year.
- International artists are welcome to apply for the NXTHVN Fellowship. However, NXTHVN will not be able to cover visa and/or travel expenses at this time. International applications must also secure their own documentation for status within the USA for the duration of the Fellowship.
- Applicants are not required to hold an art degree or to have received any formal training.
- Studio Fellows are required to reside in New Haven for the duration of their Fellowship.
- Applicants may be based in the US or internationally.
- NXTHVN encourages and welcomes applicants of all backgrounds to apply for the Fellowships. We do not discriminate based on age, race, sex, sexual orientation, disability, religion, marital status, or nation of origin in our admission policies.
No entry fee
How to Apply
Apply using the link: https://bit.ly/4bd15gF
All questions regarding this award should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org