New Curators 2024
Opportunity type: Training programme
Rewards: Training + salary (around £25,644 gross per year)
Location Eligibility: Worldwide
About this opportunity
New Curators is a paid twelve-month curatorial training programme based in London for aspiring curators of contemporary art from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
training to become a curator is expensive and entering the profession can be difficult. Little wonder our industry is often seen as elitist and characterised by a lack of diversity. We want to help make the contemporary art world more accessible and equitable because we believe this will make it richer and more relevant.
By offering an intensive twelve-month curatorial training and London Living Wage to 10-12 people from lower socio-economic backgrounds globally each year we will help diversify the curatorial profession. The course is designed to equip aspiring curators of contemporary art with the knowledge, practical skills, networks and confidence needed to thrive in the art world.
New Curators is physically located at the South London Gallery in Camberwell and Peckham. The South London Gallery will present the first exhibition curated by the 2023-4 Curatorial Fellows in Summer 2024.
- Training programmes
- Salary (around £25,644 gross per year)
- The programme is only available to individuals from lower economic and working-class backgrounds.
- As the programme will be conducted in English, applicants need to be proficient in written and spoken English.
- International applicants requiring a visa to enter the UK must have a degree awarded after 1 September 2021 or be currently enrolled on a degree-level course to meet the Tier 5 Government Authorised Exchange visa requirements. Furthermore, qualifications and institutions must be recognised by UK NARIC. If you are unsure whether your qualification or institution is recognised, please apply anyway. If you’re successful we will make the necessary enquiries. The Tier 5 GAE visa is the only visa type New Curators can assist with. However, we recognise that some applicants may be eligible for other visas
- Applicants who already have a Masters degree or equivalent in Art History, Curating, Fine Art, Arts Administration or Arts Management are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants with a Masters degree in a nonart related discipline are eligible to apply. 5. Applicants with a PhD in any discipline are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be aged 21 and above.
No entry fee
How to Apply
Apply using the link: https://bit.ly/4bioQnO
All questions regarding this award should be sent to email@example.com