Folger Institute Artistic Research Fellowships
Opportunity type: Fellowship
For: Different creatives
Rewards: $4,000 per month stipend
Location Eligibility: Worldwide
About this opportunity
Folger Institute Artistic Research Fellowships are open to all artists whose work would benefit from significant primary research related to the histories, concepts, art, and objects of the early modern world (ca. 1400-1800) and its legacies. Artistic applicants are not required to hold a formal degree, but should describe their training and level of industry-specific experience in their CV.
Artistic applicants may apply for one, two, or three months of research support, with a stipend of $4,000 per month, taken any time between July 1, 2024, and June 30, 2025. For the 2024-25 fellowship year, artistic fellows will have the option to take fellowships fully onsite at the Folger, fully virtual, or a combination of the two. Applicants may propose the research schedule that best fits their project’s needs.
- $4,000 per month stipend
- Access to Folger collections, electronic resources, and Researcher Services consultation
- Opportunities to network with Folger Theatre, Consort, Poetry, and public engagement professionals, as well as with Folger curators, librarians, and conservators
- Discounted ticket to Folger Theatre, Poetry, and Consort performances while in residence
- Participation in scholarly and community-building programs with other Folger Fellows
- Personal “digital portfolio” page on folgerpedia to document and share your project
- Exposure on the Folger website, social media, blogs, and newsletters
- J1 Visa sponsorship, if needed
Folger fellowships are open to scholars of any nationality. The Folger Institute is eligible to sponsor international scholars under the J-1 visa and covers the costs of application for those awarded Folger fellowships.
How to Apply
Apply using the link: https://bit.ly/460oGgO
All questions regarding this award should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org