Design Futures Lab
Opportunity type: Grant
For: Different creatives
Location Eligibility: South Africa & Zimbabwe
About this opportunity
Applications are now open. The lab is designed for digital storytellers, creative technologists, design practitioners, and dynamic fashionists. The creative economy project offers South African and Zimbabwean content creators an opportunity to develop experiential and provocative digital narratives about sustainable fashion and design.
The successful candidates will be supported and mentored in sustainable fashion practices and new immersive digital technologies. Each team will be awarded a grant of R60 000 to develop their digital prototype/proof of concept.
- Be 18 years or older.
- Be citizens or permanent residents of South Africa or Zimbabwe.
- Currently live in South Africa or Zimbabwe and be able to travel on the days required.
- Submit one concept per team.
- Have some form of experience in a creative technology field.
- Experience in fashion and/or design (including apparel, footwear, and accessories).
- Be willing to complete a self-directed African creative economy course up to the intermediate level.
- Attend all components of the Design Futures Lab.
How to Apply
Apply using the link: https://www.electricsouth.org/open-call-for-the-design-futures-lab-2023/
All questions regarding this grant should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave Your Comment