British Council International Collaboration Grants
Opportunity type: Grant
For: Creative Institutions
Rewards: Grants of between 25,000 and 75,000.
Location Eligibility: Some Countries.
About this opportunity
The British Council International Collaboration Grants are now open for the second time. This £1 million grants programme supports the creation of new cultural collaborations between UK artists, arts professionals and organisations and their peers around the world. The International Collaboration Grants encourage new bilateral and multilateral partnerships, providing funding to enable organisations to make and develop creative artwork with their international peers, and help individual artists find innovative ways of collaborating.
Applications must demonstrate genuine international collaboration and deliver explicit benefit to participating UK artists and organisations and their international partners. Projects can address any theme and we ask applicants to share their approach to diversity, inclusion and environmental sustainability in the delivery of their project.
Grants of between £25,000 to £75,000
- The grants are designed to support officially registered organisations, based in the eligible countries and territories, and the UK to work on projects in partnership. Each project should include at least one UK-based organisation and at least one organisation based in eligible countries or territories listed below as part of the partnership. Find eligibile countries in the apply here link.
- Grants will be awarded to organisations – including consortia, community-based and artist-led – and they will particularly be looking for those that identify specific individual artists for inclusion in the project.
- All collaborating organisations must have a registered business bank account that belongs to an organisation and all necessary registrations in place according to local legislation in which your project will be delivered.
- As the fund is designed to support collaboration, all applications must include at least one collaborator based in the countries or territories stipulated and at least one UK collaborator. We will not accept single-organisation applications when its offices are in different countries. ,
- The grants are open to arts and culture organisations, and higher education and research organisations, with an arts and culture focus.
How to Apply
Apply using the link: International Collaboration Grant
All questions regarding this award should be sent to CollabGrants@britishcouncil.org .